[RP TownTalk] FW: Cut-throughs/development

Jonathan W. Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Wed Jul 11 16:56:37 UTC 2012

Melissa –

I posted a link to the American Community Survey 5-year Estimates that University Park is kind enough to have on their website.  If you missed it the first time I will include it again:

http://www.upmd.org/docs/11-542-1300117298.xls

I prefer to turn to aggregate statistics when discussing what people as a whole do or do not do.  That way we take emotions and any inherent bias out of the discussions and let the numbers speak for themselves.  I do not think any of us are in a position with any degree of certainty to define individual motivations.  What I will comment on is that the form of school does not a good student make.

Although the study does not break down their intervals to directly address the timeframes of grades 1-6 and 7-12 you can extrapolate enough based upon their time bands of 1-4,5-8, and 9-12 to realize that once you discount margins of error on the data sampling consumer behavior does not change much and approximately 50% of students matriculate in private schools throughout their secondary education.

In case people do not want to look at the Study I will post the relevant statistics that address your comments concerning University Park’s demographics as they relate to schools:

Males Grades 1-4

Public: 29

PRIVATE: 40

Private = 58%