[RP TownTalk] Calvert Cemetery

Bruce Wernek bruce.wernek at verizon.net
Sat Jul 21 19:24:59 UTC 2012

What's up with the Calvert Cemetery?  There's poison ivy and weeds growing
in the flower beds throughout the little park and in the burial plot
(fenced).  The grass in the burial plot area doesn't look like it's been
mowed all summer.  I'm guessing it's ~10" tall in spots.  I've seen better
looking cemeteries in the middle of the woods while I'm on a hike.

Who maintains this cemetery?  If it's Riverdale Park public works, someone
needs a talking to.  If it's another organization they need a talking to.
In either case, the place needs to be cleaned up.  After all, Riverdale Park
started with the Calverts.  How about showing some respect for the dead.

I'll mow it myself if someone opens the gate for me.

Bruce