[RP TownTalk] Help with squirrel

Corey Slavitt cls at pobox.com
Tue Jul 24 03:10:51 UTC 2012

Amy!  I can not thank you enough for this great information!

I had a horrid mouse problem this year, much of which was my own
fault for not paying attention to what was happening in my kitchen
and pantry while I was consumed with geriatric pet care for my
14-year-old German Shepherd Rescue Dog Tamu.  A mouse family took
full advantage.

I believe the mice are all gone now, having caught a bunch and
relocated them more than a mile away to where they could tweet
#OCCUPYCAFRITZ.  My geriatric cat Linus caught about three himself (I
named them all like hurricances.)  But every time the ceiling fan
breeze rustles a curtain or I brush against something, I'm thinking
"MOUSE!"  I have no food stored anymore except in heavy duty
containers, and if my cat does not finish his food, it is picked up
and put in the fridge.  I don't want a repeat invasion this fall and
need professional help securing my funky old house.  I looked on
Washington Checkbook and Angie's List for exterminators, but it was
hard to find a humane consultant house-sealing type service.

I'll be calling Humane Wildlife Services soon.

Thanks!

Corey