[RP TownTalk] Town Talk vs. Town Announce

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:02:03 UTC 2012

I don't need the double posts (one on Town Announce and one on Town Talk.)
I actually find it kind of annoying that I subscribe to Town Announce, and
then get the same post duplicated on Town Talk. But I can use a delete key
pretty effectively, so it's not that big a deal.

Does Hyattsville have a town-sponsored list? The only one I know about is
HOPE, and that is citizen-run. Does the Hyattsville government post all
announcements on HOPE? I subscribe to HOPE and I'm pretty sure they don't.
So maybe there's another Hyattsville list I don't know about.

I think we should do whatever is the most effective thing for getting the
notice out to everyone about what is going on in town. If that means
collapsing the lists, I'm fine with that. If some people really just want
to talk about town-related issues and don't want to see notices about town
meetings, etc., I'm fine with keeping the lists separate.

-Sarah