[RP TownTalk] Beware Traveling Salesperson

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 12:07:37 UTC 2012

Reminds me of when I used to keep a "no solicitng" sign on my apartment door.  A neighbors' little girl asked what that meant and I said that it meant I didn't want anyone coming around trying to sell me anything.  She got all teary-eyed and said, "does that mean you won't buy any candy from me for my school?"  Needless to say, I told her yes, I could buy her candy!   :)        Seriously; whether or not it's legal for people to sell door-to-door, it pays to be extra-cautious.  I don't mind if a neighbors' child wants to sell me a candy bar for school because they have the candy in-hand!  However, I solve the solitictation problem by not buying anything else (or making donations to charities) from anyone coming door-to-door or trying to sell me something over the phone.

If it IS illegal for people to sell door-to-door in town, would it be possible to post that in various places in town?  Maybe on some of the "Riverdale Park" signs, or in other public areas?  Just wondering...