[RP TownTalk] Beware Traveling Salesperson

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:17:17 UTC 2012

My husband usually asks solicitors if they have a business license to
sell in town. (They rarely do.) Then he informs them of the law (that
you must register your business at the Town Offices (5008 Queensbury
Road) in order to sell anything in town boundaries.)

If you are feeling irritable, you can get the name of their business
and then watch what they do when they leave. If they go to another
house, you can call the police (keep in mind that responding to this
kind of call is lower priority than dealing with a crime in progress.)

If the salesperson leaves, problem solved.

I don't know the laws about raising money for charities (school,
girl/boy scouts, etc.) I think that may be just fine. (I kind of hope
so....)

-Sarah