[RP TownTalk] new restaurant - The Royal Palm Caribbean and others

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 11:19:04 UTC 2012

Thanks for the review, I'll definitely give them a try.

I went to the El Comalito restaurant where the Rancho Grande used to be (next to Shagge).  Had a couple of cheese, meat, and bean pupusas; They about $1.50 each, and that includes the curtido (pickled veggies) and salsa.  Good comfort food.  Had horchata (ground rice drink) with my meal; not bad, but I have to confess I like the horchata at Pollo Fiesta better.  Also had an ensalada drink, which I'd never had; it's juice with pieces of sliced apples, grapes, and other fruits.  They have mainly pupusas and a couple of other Salvadorean entres', also a few American items (burgers, etc).  Prices were reasonable, service was good, and the staff was friendly.  With the Royal Palm, that makes 2 new restaurants for the area!

By the way, I was talking to a taxi driver the other day, he said he'd heard that an Indian restaurant was due to open in Hyattsville soon; anyone else know about that?  Until it does, if you're in the mood for Indian food, I'd recommend Jewel of India in the Hillandale shopping center. They have a great lunch buffet and the Washington Post gave them a fantastic review 2 weeks ago.  (and if you're like me and don't drive, you can catch the C8 bus from College Park Metro; it isn't a long ride and it goes right past the shopping center).