[RP TownTalk] Native Plant Sale Time! - Sat. and Sun.

Bart Lawrence bartkathleen at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 14:33:31 UTC 2012

Hyattsville Elementary School PTA 3rd Annual
Native Plant Sale

Saturday, May 19, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, May 20, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
(or until supplies last; check website for updates)
5311 43rd Ave. Hyattsville, MD

The Hyattsville Elementary School PTA is holding its 3rd Annual Native Plant Sale this Saturday and Sunday. With more than 40 plant varieties and very low prices, this is a great way to start a native perennial garden that will delight for years to come. For updates, prices, and information on the plants, visit www.nativeplantsale.org. We're also selling two seed mixes.
We’ll do our best update the website at the end of Saturday so that people know what to expect on Sunday (last year, we virtually sold out on Saturday...this year, we nearly doubled our stock!). You can also call 301-312-9170 for updates if you plan to travel long distances.
For the best selection, arrive early on Saturday morning. You could then walk (or drive) down to Franklin's or Busboys and Poets or Elevation Burger for lunch!
Coincidentally, the Hyattsville Preservation Association is holding its 33rd Annual Historic Hyattsville House Tour on Sunday from 1 to 5pm. Advance tickets at Franklins (Mon. – Sat.) and the City Offices (Mon. – Fri.) $ 10. Day of Tour tickets $ 12. See St. John DeMatha Hall, the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Oriole Lodge 47, and 9 wonderful homes, one with newly installed thermal heating. More information at www.preservehyattsville.org or 301.699.5440.
It’s a great weekend to be in Hyattsville.
Thanks, (the most up-to-date plant list follows)
Bart Lawrence
Hyattsville, MD

Lance-leaved Coreopsis

Cardinal Flower