[RP TownTalk] Reminder: Rivers to Rockets Bike Rally, this SATURDAY!

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 00:10:44 UTC 2012

Hello again everyone,

Just a reminder that this Saturday is the Rivers to Rockets Rally - our seventh year.  This Saturday looks awesome, weather-wise, to get out on a bike and explore the trail system and our heritage area. We have reserved some great sandwiches and salads from Potbelly for lunch; have bagels, coffee, and juice for breakfast; and will have the BRAND NEW Maryland Milestone's t-shirts.  You will be the first ones to get them if you join us for the ride.

The route will be from Bladensburg Waterfront Park (4811 Annapolis Road, Bladensburg) at 8:30, on the Anacostia Tributary Trail System (with a slight detour through Riverdale Park due to levee construction), past the College Park Aviation Museum, and on to Indian Creek Trail.  We will then divert into Berwyn Heights through their 1880s-1930s historic district, across Greenbelt Road (with the support of the Greenbelt Police) and around via Cherrywood Road to historic Greenbelt.  Greenbelt Museum's Education Director will fill us in on the 75th Anniversary events while we hydrate and begin the trip back.  On the way back, we will cut around Lake Artemsia, before tracing our route back to the Waterfront Park.  After lunch, we encourage folks to stick around for several options - ride the new Trail extension, take a ride to Fort Lincoln and talk War of 1812, or see the A-MAY-ZING animals at the Waterfront Park.

The cost of registration - $25 for a single rider, $40 for a combo, and $60 for a family of four - includes the cost of food and the t-shirt.  You can register online (including an option to pay at the door).  If you aren't sure, just show up that morning.  We can take credit cards, checks, and cash.  Check it out at http://www.marylandmilestones.org/bike-rally

We have about 40 riders already (of all abilities).  We would love to have you and your families to come out and enjoy the day with us. Its a great chance to learn about the history of the region.

See you there.
Aaron

Maryland Milestones/ATHA Inc.