[RP TownTalk] fairly basic electric question

Nancy A nya_md at verizon.net
Fri May 25 12:08:10 UTC 2012

Google is not helping me.

I have what I think is a 20 amp, 240-volt outlet in my kitchen.  It has
three prongs. Instead of two vertical openings, it has a horizontal and a
combination horizontal and vertical, forming a sideways T.  The third
opening looks like usual for a third strong.  Here's a link to a picture:
http://hci.frontstepsmedial.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/240-Vo
lt-20-Amp-Receptacle.jpg.

Is it possible to buy a converter so that I can use it as a regular outlet?
Or do I have to have an electrician come rewire it?

Nancy, Riverdale Road