[RP TownTalk] [Available Plant List] Most Likely Last Chance for Native Plants

Bart Lawrence bartkathleen at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 22:28:42 UTC 2012

Sorry, but I should have added a list of available plants. We have more of some (e.g., winterberry, buttonbush) than others (e.g., cardinal flower, orange coneflower). Please see the list following my original message...

Believe it or not, we still have a nice variety of plants leftover from the Hyattsville Elementary School PTA Native Plant Sale: trees, shrubs, and herbaceous perennials, but no ferns.
If you're interested in stopping by my house in Hyattsville (6123 42nd Ave. yellow bungalow) to look at what we have, please email or better yet call me at 301-312-9170. I should be home tomorrow (Friday) late afternoon through the evening and at various times throughout the weekend.
Payment by check is preferred, though we do take cash (it's just that change is limited).
I believe that anyone looking for plants will be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks.
Bart Lawrence
Hyattsville, MD

Botanical Name

Common Name

Habit

Herbaceous Plants

Monarda punctata

Spotted Beebalm

Herbaceous mint, sometimes an annual.

Aster lateriflorus

Calico Aster

Perennial herb.

Coreopsis lanceolata

Lance-leaved Tickseed

Bushy, clump forming perennial

Asclepias tubersosa

Butterfly Milkweed

Perennial herb. Upright.

Aster novae-angliae

New England Aster

Perennial herb.

Aquilegia canadensis

Wild Columbine

Clump-forming perennial

Geranium maculatum

Wood Geranium

Perennial with open branching habit

Penstemon digitalis

White Foxglove Beardtongue

Perennial herb.

Rudbeckia fulgida

Orange coneflower

Perennial

Monarda fistulosa

Wild Bergamot

Clump forming. Leaves are toothed and aromatic.

Echinacea purpurea

Purple Coneflower

Upright, vigorous

Liatris spicata

Dense Blazing Star

Upright clump forming perennial

Eupatorium maculatum

Spotted Joe-Pye Weed

Clump forming upright Herbaceous perennial

Verbena hastata

Blue Vervain

Upright habit, rough hairy stems

Iris versicolor

Blue Flag

Robust perennial with sword like upright leaves

Vernonia noveboracensis

New York Ironweed

Upright habit

Lobelia cardinals

Cardinal Flower

Perennial with straight un-branched stems

Shrubs

Spirea latifolia

Meadowsweet

Deciduous Shrub

Aronia arbutifolia

Red Chokeberry

Deciduous Shrub

Cornus amomum

Silky Dogwood

Deciduous shrub

Ilex glabra

Inkberry

Evergreen shrub

Sambucus canadensis

Elderberry

Shrub

Viburnum dentatum

Arrowwood Viburnum

Deciduous dense rounded shrub

Cephalanthus occidentalis

Common Buttonbush

Shrub with glossy foliage. Emerges leaves emerge mid-May.

Ilex verticillata

Winterberry

Oval-rounded deciduous shrub

Cornus sericea