[RP TownTalk] Question 7 - debate Thursday 10/25 7:30 pm Hyattsville Municipal Bldg

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:23:45 UTC 2012

1a. Discussion on Question 7
    Posted by: "Brad Frome" bradfrome at yahoo.com bradfrome
    Date: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:32 pm ((PDT))

Greetings,

Many of you have
expressed in interest in obtaining more information regarding Question 7, the
ballot referendum question that would allow a 6th gaming facility in
Prince George’s County.

As Deputy Chief of
Staff to County Executive Baker, I have been involved in this issue
from day one
and can provide the Administration’s perspective as to why a yes vote
would be a
positive development for the County.

In the interest of
fairness as this view is not shared by all, I have asked Delegate
Doyle Niemann to
join me to present his view as to why a no vote is more appropriate.

We have both agreed
to have a public discussion about this issue Thursday night at the City of
Hyattsville’s municipal building at 730 pm.

We are not looking to
have a knock down drag out fight, like many of the other debates we see these
days, but more of a discussion laying out our respective views on the
issue.

We figure we’ll each
present our side of the discussion for 15-20 mins, and then answer questions
from the crowd with both getting a chance to respond and rotating which one
answers first.  Followed by an opportunity for closing remarks.

Please feel free to
join us Thursday night for this discussion.

Thanks,
Brad Frome and Delegate Doyle
Niemann

--