[RP TownTalk] Special exceptions to zoning

Lou King lking at knob.com
Mon Sep 3 14:42:09 UTC 2012

Well stated Kathy.
Given the state of the economy which requires both parents, and single
mothers to work, and the state of our educational system, the need for
affordable quality daycare which provides financial opportunity for the
family and prepares children for school should not be questioned.

The question is then location. The sisters were well established on
Queensbury with their childcare long before I came to Riverdale and I'm
sure Robert is not suggesting the they move to Baltimore Ave. or
Kenilworth. Restricting their expansion will not solve the cut-through
traffic that I too experience a few blocks west. In fact I would suggest
that the fire house mentioned which is at the end of the block reduced
cut-through traffic in that vicinity.

Yes back in the day I too thought Joni Mitchell's song was catchy and to
the point.  But if it is a choice between child safety and a Crape
Myrtle, my heart will bleed but ...

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org