[RP TownTalk] Special exceptions to zoning

kathy galleher kgalleher at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 12:56:36 UTC 2012

We just rezoned an entire area (Cafritz) from residential to mixed use so that a developer could make a more profitable and interesting use of the property.  Without minimizing Denis' concerns and disappointments about changes to the lot next to him, this is not the place I would want to start opposing
rezoning.
This is always been a business/school run by religious sisters.  It's not a
plan to put a business into an otherwise residential neighborhood, but
to make changes to ensure the safety of children who attend.  IF we are going to put our foot down about special zoning exceptions, I would rather start a little further up the food chain.