[RP TownTalk] party weekend

Audrey Bragg abragg7393 at aol.com
Mon Apr 22 12:14:09 UTC 2013

Ward 2 was the scene of the biggest party ever this weekend.  One of our neighbors on Tuckerman had a giant party on Saturday.  Every parking space on every street  in Ward 2 was filled.  The police had to come and direct traffic.  People who live in the neighborhood could not get home for dinner and had to go out to restaurants to eat.  Cars parked on both sides of our small streets made it impossible to get through.
So, am I complaining about parties?  No way.  I love parties and lots of people.  But I would like our neighbors to know when they do have a massive gathering, they are responsible for their guests.....
We had a young inebriated man walk down my neighbor's driveway, climb over our 6 foot vinyl fence, jump in our yard, trampling all my beautiful Iris flowers, and looking for a place to urinate.
When confronted by both our dog and Simon, he stated that "his mother didn't raise him like that, but he had to pee".  He was told, not in our yard and don't climb our fence you will break it. Nevertheless he climbed the fence 3 times. Finally urinating in our neighbor's driveway.
On Sunday morning the streets were filled with trash, beer cans, cups etc.  The day after Earth Day.  Can you imagine?
So could we have an ordinance put forth to our Town Council?  "If you hold a large party, then you are responsible for cleaning up after guests and you are responsible for their behavior?"

I hope our neighbor on Tuckerman reads this and submits an apology to Ward 2 Residents.  It's the neighborly thing to do.

Audrey Bragg, Broker
Gerrety & Bragg Real Estate, Inc.
301-277-1111 office
301-351-4222 cell