[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park's Annual Festival of Lights & Holiday Market

James Coleman jsc.301332 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 03:24:32 UTC 2013

Riverdale Park Farmers Market, Town of Riverdale Park, Douglas Development,
and Anacostia Trails Heritage Area present our 12th Annual Festival of
Lights & Holiday Market.

*The Route One Corridor's favorite holiday celebration is back *
*to bring the holiday spirit to all of us.*

On this Saturday, December 14th, 2013, we gather together from Noon to 8 PM to
dance, listen to live music, eat, shop, visit Santa, and carol through the
neighborhood in warm trolleys to see the holiday lights. This event is free
and open to the public but we do request that folks bring canned goods to
help feed the hungry in our neighborhood.

Where: 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737 (next to the
Riverdale MARC rail station)
Schedule of Events:
Live Music from Noon to 8 PM with the following artists -
Noon: Rodeo Motel (Tom Alderson)
-country classics from the 50s and 60s, some bluegrass and gospel
http://rodeomotel.com/

1PM: The Smokin' Polecats w/ Marianna Previti
-swing/blues
http://thesmokinpolecats.com/index.html<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthesmokinpolecats.com%2Findex.html&h=QAQG9Q10zAQG_R4rBghgLcCXi-l2huVWeh1vMayiAY5K99g&s=1>

2PM: Bumper Jacksons
-duo performing traditional jazz/early swing/pre-war country
http://www.bumperjacksons.com/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bumperjacksons.com%2F&h=YAQHVssQLAQGI7ftOwiQPu3f-qzlDbcnYB-e3XkmjS7HbMA&s=1>

3PM Mary & John Wheatley,
-brother/sister duo on drums and guitar, performing upbeat
Christmas tunes

4PM Rick Franklin
-acoustic blues
http://www.hokumblues.com/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hokumblues.com%2F&h=HAQExhluIAQHACcPv2TbirhKMrzZdTxMZLzk25tIngzPNXw&s=1>

5PM Maple Joint Venture
-a jazz ensemble made up of veterans of the DC rock, bluegrass,
and jazz scenes who perform a selection of swing and bebop favorites.

6PM Michael Sevener's Blues Christmas
-blues guitar

7PM: Wild Anacostias
-New Orleans style brass band

Food vendors from Noon to 8 PM:
Stone Hearth Bakery; The Verandah Indian food; Ruben's Crepes, Mexican Food
& Hot Sauce; Zeke's Coffee of DC - Artisan small batch coffee roasters &
gifts; Cabin Creek Heritage Farm; Riverdale Park Arts Council is selling
hot chocolate, hot cider & apples; Romano Winery - Prince George's own
winery; Life to Order cocktail infusions; and Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe
will be selling their homemade ice cream.

Holiday Craft vendors from Noon to 8 PM:
Saint Nick's Christmas trees; Eric Leland's Manufactory - cards, books &
gifts; Painting by Denise; Archelaus - greeting cards of wit and retro
charm; Delia Mychajluk - multiple media artist; Mystic Water Soap - artisan
soap and personal care products; Profusions of Glass - fused glass jewelry;
Jack Creek Plants - Holiday greenery; Very Vintage Christmas; Usborne
books; US Wood Toys - handmade wooden toys; and Mad Mud Studio's pottery.

Santa visits from 2 PM to 6 PM:
Latino Santa 2 -315
African American Santa 320 - 430
White Santa 440 - 545

Dessert competition, brought to you by: Dannielle Glaros for County Council
Entries must be received @ 4 PM
Winners will be announced at 5 PM.

Here are this year's categories:
Best Kid Made
Overall Best
Best Holiday Creation
Best Chocolate Creation
Best Small Morsel (cookie, cupcake, brownie, truffle, etc)

Contestants can enter a dessert in more than one category (no more than
three). Contestants should live, work or participate in a civic group in
Riverdale Park. Winners will receive a small gift from Town Center Market.

Caroling trolleys starting from 545 to 745 PM:
- stopping @ Riversdale Mansion for a free tour.

For more info, contact Jim Coleman @ rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com or call:3015865973