[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Dessert Contest--This Saturday

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 13:38:22 UTC 2013

Friends,

Jim asked me this year to help with the annual RP dessert competition.  I must admit I have never participated previously, but I think it is a great RP tradition.  Sometimes we only have a handful of entries, so this year I added a few new categories.  Please consider an entry(s) whether it is your favorite cookie recipe or pie (please note residents, as well as those who work in RP or are affiliated with an RP civic group can participate).  It would be great if we could grow participation in this annual event. Desserts will be judged by taste and appearance.  If you cannot drop off your item on the day of the event, please let me know and we can arrange an alternative.  Also, for those who come by at 5pm, there will be tasting for all!  Lastly, I am in need for at least one judge, so if you are interested, please email.  I have a food allergy, so I need to leave the judging to others.:)

Details are below and please forward to those who may not be on this listserv.

Entries must be received @ 4 PM. Drop off at Holiday Market at MARC train stop (look for Jim or Dannielle)
Winners will be announced at 5 PM.

Here are this year's categories:

Best Kid Made
Overall Best
Best Holiday Creation
Best Chocolate Creation
Best Small Morsel (cookie, cupcake, brownie, truffle, etc)

Contestants can enter a dessert in more than one category (no more than three). Contestants should live, work, or participate in a civic group in Riverdale Park.

Winners will receive a small gift from Town Center Market.

Enjoy the snow!

Dannielle
cell 301-356-1446

Dannielle Glaros