[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 78, Issue 9

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 18:13:47 UTC 2013

I'm an animal lover (even though I don't have dogs, I have guinea pigs!), and while it's one thing if a dog gets off the leash or digs under a fence, it makes me very mad when people just let their pets run loose.  Too many horrible things can happen.  As for dogs attacking; I'm not so much concerned about that but seeing as I have arthritis and osteoporisis, I'm uneasy when a large or very active dog comes towards me because I'm afraid it'll knock me over and I'll break something.  I like the idea of trying to calm down a dog that's coming towards you (unless of course you see it IS attacking) with treats!  Wonderful idea!