[RP TownTalk] Street by Ernie's Lock

Lou King lking at knob.com
Thu Jan 17 21:51:19 UTC 2013

Hello - - Welcome to my world (or at least my corner of the world).

A little history:

Several years ago before the bank, back when the shoe repair was on the
corner of Balt Blvd and E-W Highway, and Second Chance(?) had the great
window displays of woman's close, the Town and state got into an
argument over West Beale Cir.  The Town closed W Beale -- 'Our street;
You can not use it to relieve the right turn traffic onto E-W headed
east.' If I remember at that time the north end of W Beale was hard to
make a right turn onto E-W HW. Of course all this time cars were cutting
through the old dry cleaner's parking lot next to Lyn's to get from
Balt. Blvd, north to E-W HW, east.

When construction for the bank started the "Street Closed" signs came
down and a "No Right turn" sign went up at the E-W HW end of W Beale
(Yea right, you know how that went).

Then the bank needed the north end of W Beale to get their customers out
onto E-W HW.

The Queensbury Rd end of W Beale has always been a problem because west
bound traffic blocks left turns onto W Beale so east bound traffic backs
up into the Queensbury/Balt. Blvd. intersection. Add to that cars coming
out of the gas station wanting to cross Queensbury and make a right turn
onto Baltimore. (this is easier than trying to break into traffic on to
Balt. Blvd.)

East Beale Cir. has always be a 2-way cut through. Lots of traffic
(local I think) cuts from east bound E-W HW, around that pointy turn
onto E Beale and then into town. Because of the hard turn off of E-W HW
this often blocks all traffic on E Beale. In the other direction Balt.
Blvd, Queensbury Road, sharp left turn onto E Beale and then east on E-W
HW.  This left turn of course backs up traffic on Queensbury Rd.

Several years ago when young children were growing up on E Beale Cir., I
wasn't sure they would become teenagers.  They did.

Now add to this all the other Town cut through traffic getting from west
bound E-W HW, Kenilworth and Lafayette.

All this is a result of the failed intersection of Baltimore and E-W HW.
which the Town and everyone else has been talking about and some as an
excuse to not encourage development sense before the bank.

Welcome to my neighborhood Audrey.

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org