[RP TownTalk] on the subject of dangerous intersections: Old Dumm's Corner

Lou King lking at knob.com
Fri Jan 18 16:43:33 UTC 2013

Dwight I like that idea. Bollards ~ learned something new today now I
can go back to bed.

Maybe something similar could also be used at Queensbury Rd and W Beale
Cir. Orange/reflective poles along the white line on Queensbury to
"prevent" drivers from cutting short the left turn onto W Beale, thus
slowing them down. Same effect as an island but takes no road space.

As for Dumm's Corner what about delivery trucks? I notice buses are
again coming up Queensbury, do they turn at Lafayette and Riverdale?

In both cases also need to think about the fire trucks.

There are no easy answers.

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org