[RP TownTalk] Youth and Community Wing Expansion to Town Hall

James D. Holmes jdholmes at comcast.net
Sat Jan 19 15:16:20 UTC 2013

Has anyone seen a Master Plan for the Town Hall expansion project. I
missed the meeting last Wednesday January 16, 2013.  I set my VCR to
record the Town's cable TV channel to see the meeting later, but when I
went to watch it, nothing was there.  I guess someone forgot to turn on
the camera.

I remember reading that the architect recommended that a Master Plan for
the site be developed.  I have looked at the Town's web page and could
not find this document.

I did find another document that explains 2 proposals for the Town Hall
expansion

1. _Youth and Community Wing Expansion to Town Hall_

One design is a two-story alternative which thoroughly addresses stated
needs and Guiding Design Principles
developed from community input and is presented on the next page. This
design would virtually double the floor space in the building;
substantially improve the flexibility of how the floor space can be
used; and will handle some expansion of demand beyond what we are
currently experiencing (that is to say some additional uses would be
able to be accommodated beyond current demand).

2. _Small Addition to Building_

The second alternative stays with the existing one-story building, with
only a small addition to the building. This
design concentrates on providing more efficiency and flexibility in the
use of floor space. It would not be able to support some of the
community based activities that were identified earlier in the planning
process, but would represent a significant improvement over our current
Town Hall.

Can anyone advise the approximate cost for each of the 2 proposals. I
remember reading that the Town had $900.000 committed and was asking the
State of Maryland to contribute $500.000 for this project.

J. Holmes