[RP TownTalk] Youth and Community Wing Expansion to Town Hall

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 14:13:43 UTC 2013

Hi James and all interested residents,

Let me clarify a couple of matters you bring up.  The master plan would be
the next action after the council formally decides on which concept plan to
work with--between the one story, two story or some modification thereof.
Therefore there is no master plan yet.

Regarding cost estimates for the two proposals it is very difficult to do
so with accuracy until there is the detailed construction plan (basically
the "master plan"). In very round numbers the estimates I'm working with
are the smaller version "one story" plan will cost between $1.5 and $2
Million. The "two story" plan will likely cost between $3 and $3.5
Million.

You and others have brought up the financial concerns about such
investment. I will be addressing the general state of the town's
finances in my upcoming mayor's report in the Crier and I will also post
that report on Town Talk. Thus, I beg your patience to wait for this more
detailed evaluation within a couple of weeks.  However, let me say that
when you look at the whole picture of the town's finances, not just the bad
news from the press, you see that the town has a robust and health
financial outlook not just for this year but for the coming years as well.

Regarding cable broadcasts, standard town practic is to only broadcast
regular Legislative Meetings, however, we are--as has been posted--having
another meeting on this Youth and Community wing issue at 7 PM on January
28th and I will see if our broadcaster is available that night to try to
give more people a chance to hear and see our architects presentation.

Best wishes,

Vern

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor