[RP TownTalk] Town of Riverdale Park Finances

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 17:31:25 UTC 2013

James and interested residents,

While I don't agree that there was any claim (by me at any rate) that the
audit "praised the audit controls...." because auditors are not in the
business of praising, or condemning for that matter, town practices.  They
are asked to express an opinion about whether our financial statements
present "fairly" (or not) the financial position of the town as of the
close of the fiscal year.

That being said, I will absolutely love it for our residents to examine our
audit. We will get a .pdf file made of the audit and it will be on the web
site in a day or two. Either I or staff will post notice here on Town
Talk once it is up and available.

I gladly give you your due James! Outstanding recommendation!

Vern
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM, James D. Holmes <jdholmes at comcast.net>wrote:

> You and several other Council Members have stated that the Town has a
> robust and healthy financial outlook not just for this year but for the
> coming years as well.  There was mention that the Town's independent
> Auditor gave a presentation last month on the financial well being of the
> Town.   The firm praised the audit controls that are in place as well as
> the accounting practices and standards the town adheres to operationally.
>
> Is this Audit Report open for inspection by Town residents?  I would love
> to read the report.  The Town could even post the report on the Town web
> site so all residents could review it.
>

> J. Holmes

Vernon Archer, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park, Maryland