[RP TownTalk] Organic gardening workshop starts Feb 17

kathy galleher kgalleher at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 03:19:43 UTC 2013

Dear friends
I just wanted to make you aware of a great organic gardening workshop taught locally by my friend Judy Walsh-Mellet. She is a very knowledgeable and very personable teacher! You don't want to miss it.

ORGANIC GARDENING WORKSHOP SERIES :
GROW YOUR OWN FOOD
5 Sunday afternoons starting on Feb
17 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. at the Walsh-Mellett home and garden in Mt. Rainier,
MD 20712

Feb 17 : Garden Planning: choosing
a location, deciding what to plant
Feb 24: What to Plant When:
starting seedlings,direct seeding, all season planting
March 3: Growing Good Soil:
composting, fertilizing, cover crops
March 10: Double Digging Raised
Beds: joys of the spade and the broad fork
March 17: The Growing Season: tips
on transplanting, tending, watering, harvesting

COST: $125 for the five session
series ‘Anacostia Hours’ & sliding scale possible. Workshop Series limited
to 10 participants. Pre-register by Feb. 11th. Questions call: Judy
Walsh-Mellett at 301-927-2015 or email at jwalshmellett at msn.com

About the presenter: Judy began
gardening with her Dad and sisters in a large home garden in Upstate New York.
She has tended her Mt. Rainier garden for over 20 years. Judy received her
“Master Gardener” certification through the DC Cooperative Extension Service in
1994, trained as a volunteer at the US National Arboretum in 1997, and attended
Ecology Actions “Sustainable Mini-Farming Course” in 2000. She is also a
backyard beekeeper.

Kathy