[RP TownTalk] 410 pedestrian crosswalk, median near Beale Circle

Fred Holcomb fred.j.holcomb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:50:27 UTC 2013

Dwight, Vern,
Thanks for the responses. They were very informative!  It's a relief to
hear that these two areas are already on the town's radar. I also wasn't
aware that the state was responsible for 410 and its related issues.

Regarding the crosswalk, it should, at least, be equiped with some warning
lights. A quick google search returned the following example from Seattle:
http://www.streetfilms.org/seattle-crosswalk-tap-foot-lights-blink-cross-street/

I've seen others that are initiated by the pedestrian pressing a button on
either side as well. Anything, really, to provide more visibility to the
pedestrians and provide visual clues that drivers need to stop.

Best,
Fred