[RP TownTalk] New to Riverdale Park!

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 19:58:01 UTC 2013

Analise - welcome to the neighborhood!  A couple of quick answers to your
questions - I'm sure others will chime in as well...

We are fortunate to have a nice network of bike/ped trails, the Anacostia
Watershed trails.  Here's a map of the whole system:
http://www.pgparks.com/Assets/Parks+$!26+Recreation/PDF/Maps/Anacostia+Trail+Map+2012.pdf

and a link to the page:
http://www.pgparks.com/Your_Parks/Trails/Anacostia_Tributary_Trail_System.htm

Closest point for you is probably on Riverdale Rd just beyond the
elementary school - left/north takes you to Lake Artemesia in College Park
and the Paint Branch trail that currently goes as far as Home Depot in
College Park; right/south takes you across the Anacostia levees and onto
the Northwest Branch trail that, well, keeps going and going...... (see the
map!)

Soon (I hear!) they'll be breaking ground on the Trolley Line Bike Trail
right in town - eventually this will link to the Northwest Branch trail on
Charles Armentrout Rd & Rt 1 (south), past Franklin's and Busboys, through
our Town Center, and on to connect to the existing trolley trail in College
Park...

Restaurants discussion will probably result in a whole new thread, which is
long overdue. It's been awhile since we had a good restaurant thread on
TownTalk!  Locally speaking, I'll put a plug in for Shagga (Ethiopian) on
Rt 1, Busboys & Poets, and La Sirenita (Mexican) on Edmonston Rd just off
Kenilworth.  You may have discovered there's quite a few Mexican places on
and off Kenilworth Avenue!

And every Thursday (except this week due to the July 4th holiday!) you can
dine to nice live music at the Riverdale Park Farmers Market!  Indian,
crepes, BBQ, Jamaican, coffee and ice cream, picnic tables, and great
company.  3 - 7 pm every Thursday!