[RP TownTalk] Exciting Times at St. Jerome Academy

Chris Currie crcurrie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 16:54:48 UTC 2013

Since this info may be of general interest to people in our community, I
thought I'd forward the summer enrollment newsletter I just sent to the SJA
enrollment mailing list.  -- Chris

Dear Parent:

Summer's here, but St. Jerome Academy continues its work to renew primary
education in America.  Here's a summary of recent news:

*SJA garners more national media attention.*  In recent stories on
CNN<http://schoolsofthought.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/21/classical-schools-put-plato-over-ipad/>
 and Reuters<http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/02/us-usa-education-catholic-idUSBRE9410PN20130502>,
positive coverage highlights SJA's role as a model for U.S. classical
education and a Catholic-school success story.

*SJA to give keynote address at national conference of Catholic educators.*
At next week's conference of the Institute for Catholic Liberal Education,
principal Mary Pat Donoghue will describe how the St. Jerome Academy
Educational Plan and a team of exceptional teachers, administrators and
volunteers brought a school from near-closure to greatness.

*More schools adopt SJA's classical curriculum.  *In addition to several
others that have already implemented our curriculum, two schools recently
announced that they are adopting the St. Jerome Educational Plan: Sacred
Heart Academy in Grand Rapids, Mich., and St. Benedict Elementary near
Boston.

*SJA Children's House is fully staffed and enrolled.  *The Children's
House, offering Montessori early-childhood education, will begin this fall
with two full classes apiece for toddlers and for three- and
four-year-olds.

*SJA achieves new highs in applications and enrollments.  *With more than
150 applications and 94 new enrollments so far for the 2013-2014 school
year, this has been a record enrollment season for the school.

*There are still several places available in a few classes this fall.  *While
all of our entering classes (Montessori Toddler and Primary, conventional
pre-K, and Kindergarten) are on wait-list status, we still have a few
openings in these elementary and middle-school classes: *first grade, third
grade and sixth grade*.  If you have a child entering any of these classes
and would like to explore enrolling him or her at SJA for the coming school
year, please contact me by phone or email at any time.

Best wishes for a refreshing and fruitful summer!

Chris Currie

Christopher Currie
Director of Institutional Advancement
Saint Jerome Academy