[RP TownTalk] Let's keep Route 1 Cafritz property Forested....

michelle burns mishburns at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 21:19:23 UTC 2013

If you were to house the same number of people that will live in the Cafritz development in single family residential housing you'd need to cut down many more trees and clear a lot more land and spread out more, build more roads, lay more pipe, etc.  Not everyone wants to have to take care of a yard.  People living in single family homes in suburban settings are forced to use their cars for every little thing - if you live in a mixed use development it's easier to do your shopping close by without using the car as much, or go to the gym or a restaurant or whatever.  I don't know why a mixed use area couldn't have tree lined streets as well as a residential housing development - I hope it will have.  I don't think it has to be a bleak concrete jungle.

Michelle Burns