[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Taj Mahal and Community Youth Center

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 20:22:22 UTC 2013

> If you believe the Town has been fiscally responsible in pursuing the Town
> Hall and Community Youth Center, I guess you would not have an objection to
> allowing all of the residents of Riverdale Park to vote on the project in a
> Referendum.  There will be a Town election in May.  It won't cost anything
> to allow all residents to cast a vote  For or Against.

If you feel strongly that the town is doing the wrong thing, you can
circulate a petition to get it on the ballot. As I support the town's
current plan of action, I will not join you in the petition drive, but
I certainly think that if enough people think it is a problem, it
should be brought to a vote.

> You ask how long should we should wait for Jey to get his permits in order,
> I ask, how much time has the Town spent on the Cafritz property, their
> permits are not in order.

The Cafritz zoning change was approved in the spring of 2012. They've
been working on their plans for less than a year.

Jey's has been derelict since at least 2005. His first plans for
renovating the property were submitted to the MUTC Committee in
mid-2006. That's over 6 years.

-Sarah