[RP TownTalk] Jeys Auto 5731 Baltimore Avenue

Lou King lking at knob.com
Mon Mar 4 23:43:28 UTC 2013

James,
That is a nice list of failed/closed businesses.
But it seems to me that donuts on Sunday for 50+ years did not pay the
bills today. The last donuts shop went through two or three franchises
before the current bistro took the space over. I would also point out
that they were on the "going to work" side of Rt 1. Jey would require 2
left turns in morning traffic to get donuts. Donuts on the way home
isn't much of a market ~ or maybe that is why we are all overweight.

As for White Castle, Peelers Dry Cleaners, the Riverdale Bicycle Shop
and the old Shoe Repair Shop: times/taste change.

Even when I needed 5+ white shirts and suits a week I couldn't keep the
cleaners in town center open. Nor the barber shop next door.

PS folks should cut all/some of the includes from their replies. The
poor people that get a summery must just love getting 10 copies of the
first email etc. To say nothing of all the electrons that must die to
sent all those copies to everyone ;)

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org