[RP TownTalk] Prince George’s county executive moves to take over struggling school system

Lou King lking at knob.com
Mon Mar 18 17:15:35 UTC 2013

Jeffrey on this we agree!

Although the concentration of power seems to be necessary to affect
positive change, I do fear it also may enable changes in curriculum
similar to what has occurred in the mid-west.  Whether power is
concentrated in a school superintendent or school board as in Texas,
Kansas, Missouri (the Bible belt) or even Pennsylvania, society nor the
children are served well.

Unfortunately, the free market being what it is, states like Texas
order/buy so many textbooks they influence what is available for other
school systems.

But yes, something must be done. Low graduation rates and not obtaining
a minimum familiarity with "the three Rs" condemns the students to the
lowest levels of our society. You must have some education even to ask
"do you want fries with that?" and cash a paycheck.

Lou
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail - www.asciiribbon.org