[RP TownTalk] backyard birds

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 19 12:21:37 UTC 2013

I guess that weather can play a part in whether a lot of birds are around or not; before we get a big storm I notice that my birds disappear.  Too, I HAVE seen hawks around on occasion, and the birds "lie low".  (yes, I realize hawks have to eat too, however, I really would prefer that they didn't view my birds as a buffet!) Picnics in the park?  Entirely possible!   I remember walking past the little park beside the elementary school the other year, early in the morning, and seeing a groundhog sitting ON the bench at one of the tables, for all the world looking like it was waiting for someone to bring it a plate!  (and other people saw it, too, so I know I wasn't hallucinating!).   Also used to see bald eagles flying around the parks, just a few years ago.   And of course when we got all that snow in 2010, I had FLOCKS of all different kinds of birds I didn't usually see that were looking for food.  (Do you get a lot of cardinals?  They're
 very plentiful this year)