[RP TownTalk] Pulte Town Homes

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 18:11:15 UTC 2013

Lou,

You make too much sense to post here. Stop it.

In fact, other posters would know more about what is going on in Town
Center had they attended last Monday evening's Economic Development
Committee meeting at the Calvert House. It was OPEN to the public. We did
notice that no one from the Riverdale Business Association joined us. We
missed them since no one wants to keep a secret from the town's businesses.
We want the town to thrive together!

And, as always, attendees LEARNED new information. Such as that during
another public meeting the previous week, members of the M-U-TC committee
sat in chairs still warm but the RBA's meeting minutes before, and voted
their approval of Douglas Development Corp. quest to erect stylish screens
over utility (gas in this case) meters being placed on the Queensbury Rd
side of the building. Approval clears the way for WashGas to bring in a
gusher of natural gas service within the next month or so. And even Ray
Charles could see that PEPCO has dug a super trench for enough electricity
to power an elevator and a bunch of businesses. Yes, a lift is on its way.
Why? A letter of intend has been signed with a big tenant -- 4,700 square
feet -- in the wings. And, of course, the drum is being pounded for more
tenants to fill out the rest of the slots. Perhaps the next complaint about
Town Center will be there's "not enough parking spots."

By the way, Freddie and Susan Salimi have done a very nice job refurbishing
the Calvert House to mark its half-century in business and folks ought to
consider dropping by for lunch, dinner or a drink.

--
Jeffrey Yorke
Yorke Property Management, Inc.