[RP TownTalk] Legislative Session/Delegate Key Issues

Jonathan W. Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Sat May 4 17:58:56 UTC 2013

Delegate Washington -

Thank you for posting on our local bulletin board - please feel free to post
the same information on the University/Riverdale Park Patch as well.

One item of particular personal interest from the letter you linked to is
that one of the top 5 key issues identified was a "Vibrant Local Economy."
Could you please expand on that from a policy point of view of what
initiatives you have either passed, proposed, or are currently working on
that specifically addresses this goal as they pertain to Riverdale Park in
particular but District 22 and MD as well?

I bring this up because often times there are unintended consequences from
policy objectives if not coordinated directly with the folks that are
ultimately responsible with the implementation and dealing with the
aftermath of well-intentioned goals.  We welcome state-level attention and
participation with our local efforts that are well underway of the continued
re-vitalization of Route 1 and Kenilworth and the re-vitalization of our
historic town center that is bringing new tenants into long-vacant retail
parcels.

Respectfully,

Jonathan

Jonathan W. Ebbeler

4711 Oliver Street

Councilman - Ward 1, Town of Riverdale Park

Chair, Economic Development Committee