[RP TownTalk] Legislative Session/Delegate Key Issues

Jonathan W. Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Mon May 6 20:10:35 UTC 2013

Delegate Washington

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.  I appreciate the clarification
concerning your key goals and look forward to helping provide necessary
input to shape any future potential policy initiatives.

I looked through my emails but did not see an invite to the Meet and Greet
that was mentioned - it was probably sent to our town administrator and lost
in the shuffle - understandably so given what is currently on our plate.  At
your convenience, I would appreciate it greatly if you could have your staff
forward me at least three copies of the packet that was distributed at that
time.  I would certainly like to peruse the information and will make sure
that the Riverdale Park Business Association and CKAR are kept in the loop.

Although only a local model, our Economic Development strategy has been to
drive forward initiatives big and small and not depending on a single
project to define our success.  Over the next few months you will see that
strategy expand out to the Route 1 and Kenilworth Corridors while continuing
the momentum we have in our Town Center.

Please know that you have an open invitation to attend any Town Council,
RPBA, CKAR, or any of our town's Economic Development committee meetings to
continue the conversation.  We normally have local and county participation
but of course welcome our state-partners participating and hopefully
buttressing our municipal-driven policy initiatives.  And of course the
offer goes both ways - we are also here to help you and fill in any missing
gaps from a policy point of view.  Feel free to tap municipal leaders for
their expertise on the challenging issues we all face.

Respectfully,

Jonathan Ebbeler (not Ebbler)

Councilman - Ward 1, Town of Riverdale Park

Chair, Economic Development Committee