[RP TownTalk] Water main brake on Taylor Road

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Thu May 9 16:39:20 UTC 2013

Mayor,
We were able to gather the following information:

I want to forward this report from our Public Works director about the
water main brake:

As of 3:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 9th, an 8 inch water main broke in front
of 5908 Taylor Road. WSSC has closed off Taylor Road, between Oglethorpe
and Nicholson to make repairs.****
** **
WSSC is currently shutting off valves near the break to evaluate the extent
of the problem. Approximately 20 customers are currently affected, with the
possibility of others experiencing low water pressure.****
** **
After contacting WSSC’s Water Main Break service line (301-206-4002), we
were informed that it should take 6-8 hours to repair the break (with no
complications). Please note that this does not mean that the street will be
reopened, due to the extensive damage to the roadway we anticipate that the
street will be closed *for at least 24 hours.*

If service is not restored within 8 hours, WSSC will notify customers, or
residents can call WSSC at 301-206-4002, to inquire about status of repairs.

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park, Maryland