[RP TownTalk] Cafritz/TIF

Alan K. Thompson akthompson at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Fri May 10 09:58:38 UTC 2013

Joe,

TIF bonds have a payment schedule, just like general obligation bonds (or a
mortgage).  In a given year, we have to dedicate *up to* 100 % of the
revenue until we make the payment.  Any revenue collected above the payment
can be spent on whatever her own wants to spend it on.

What I was trying to say at the council meeting was that we couldn't change
that "up to 100 %" limit to be "up to 75 %" ( or any other percentage)
because the state law that controls TIFs won't let us.

See you Saturday!

Alan

--
Sent from my iPad