[RP TownTalk] Hyattsville Middle Student behavior

Jen Sanderson jensan6877 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 19:25:43 UTC 2013

I know I have emailed about this before.  We have lived across from Hyattsville Middle for 5 years.  These children are so out of control and disrespectful at dismissal each day, it is ridiculous.  We have had to call the police and break up fights many times over the last 5 years.  I have contacted the school.  I have contacted Hyattsville Police.  I have sent emails here, hoping that if your children attend Hyattsville Middle, you will talk to them.
Just yesterday, I called the police because of a fight at the corner of 42nd and Oglethorpe.  The police did not arrive quickly enough so another woman and I were yelling at the kids to break it up.  Then the police car came and kids started dispersing.  The kids gather down at Poncho's, they block the parking lot, they block the door, they have stood in front of my car so I could not move. They cuss at you.  They "try" to be intimidating.  I, personally, am not intimidated and am very quick to put them in their place. Something needs to be done.  Suggestions?  I cannot imagine having to send my child there next year.

Thanks,
Jen
42nd Ave.