[RP TownTalk] Community Message: Overnight Shooting on Carters Lane

Bruce Wernek bruce.wernek at verizon.net
Fri Oct 25 22:13:19 UTC 2013

Speak for yourselves.  The only things pricey I see in Hyattsville are the
EYA town houses and the historic properties.  We don't have EYA in
Riverdale, but Caftritz may have similar properties.  We certainly have
quite a few historic properties here.

If you care about what's really going on instead of the motherhood go to the
following links and enter 20737, 20781, and 20782 if applicable.

http://www.zillow.com  ("Zestimate" is more in line with what the property
is worth because it's based on comparable sales not a seller whose
underwater)

https://www.crimereports.com/  (it looks to me like there's a pretty even
distribution on both sides of Kenilworth to me)

Truth be told, I think this is much ado about nothing.  Based on the ~20
minutes of research I've done, I don't think changing the zip code is going
to have any effect on property values.  Changing the zip code will have an
effect on a lot of other things (every institution that has your address,
checks, license, registration, business cards, web sites, etc) and it won't
be pretty.  I'm guessing it would take years before all of the things
affected by the change would finally be updated to reflect the new zip code.
You would probably have to call your bank, the DMV, the IRS, the county, the
list goes on, to make sure they change the zip code.  I really don't have
time for this.  I've got enough to do already.

I apologize for responding to these emails.  I just wanted to bring some
reality into the discussion.  You guys can carry on if  you like.  I'm done.