[RP TownTalk] Zip Codes and Property Values -- the Hyattsville Experience

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 17:11:18 UTC 2013

I've also learned that you can't predict how people will vote based on
the dialog seen on a listserv.

I am confused by this statement: "And it might be difficult or
impossible to redraw boundaries to keep the requisite number of
addresses in each zip code." Right now the zipcode 20738, as far as I
can tell, only has a bunch of PO Boxes in it. Surely that's a pretty
small number compared to the number of addresses here in Riverdale
Park? (I'm sure I'm missing something here, and would love for someone
who knows which addresses have the 20738 zipcode to educate me about
that.)

I personally will be contacting my representatives to let them know
that I support a change that will help distinguish our town from the
larger Riverdale area. As Jonathan pointed out, if you attract more
businesses to town, the town gets more tax revenue from them, which
means the town has more money to pay for sidewalk and street repairs.

I encourage *all* of us (regardless of which side of this debate you
fall on) to contact our elected officials at the Federal level and let
them know how we feel:

http://mdelect.net/

-Sarah