[RP TownTalk] 16 days til Undaunted Festival!

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 22:28:46 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

We are so excited to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Bladensburg. (How often do you get that chance?) Are you ready for August 23?

We really hope you can come. The main program runs from noon til 9pm. Key events are the battle at 3p, music  (Stacy Brooks Blues Band, Letitia VanSant and the Bonafides, and the Navy Commodores) from 4 til 8:45, and the BIG fireworks just after that! Of course you don't want to miss President Madison, Francis Scott Key, or the Royal Doctor practicing surgery. You don't want to miss the encampment, the artists, trolley and boat tours, the info booths, the kids activities - including Blue Sky Puppets, or the variety of historical groups selling items. (Just between you and me, there is a limited edition, all organic, 100% cotton, artist designed, commemorative t shirt that will be sold for $20. Don't tell anyone I told you.)

Plus at 11am we will be dedicating the new monument with two ladder fire trucks holding up a giant 15 star flag, the Marine Band, a sea services color guard, and loads of dignitaries. Amazing stuff.

Do remember that all of this happens at waterfront park in Bladensburg but we WILL NOT have parking onsite. You will need to take a shuttle from our satellite parking at UMD lot 1, Landover Metro, or use Colmar Manor park (ballfields). Or do the smart thing and bike or walk. We do have bike parking available. Also, we have let town halls know they can bring call a buses in from their towns.

It's going to be such an epic day, we hope you can join us! Find out more at http://undauntedweekend.splashthat.com

Aaron Marcavitch
Battle of Bladensburg Task Force
ATHA Inc.