[RP TownTalk] ORDINANCE 2014-OR-01

Jonathan Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Sat Feb 1 00:24:35 UTC 2014

The Ordinance, if it passes, would ban NEW chain link fences from being erected on the side and rear yards. Existing fences are not impacted.

You will have to direct your questions regarding operational performance to the mayor - the Council only has the ability to legislate policy.

 I authored and sponsored the paperless governance legislation that was passed 13-14 months ago. Phase I was implemented last and this month and has made a tremendous difference to Staff. It lays the groundwork for the website overhaul and electronic distribution of the public record.   Phase II, which will address the question you raised for dissemination of legislation, I suspect will be implemented sometime this year.

Much like you I was curious why certain policy pieces we passed took so long to implement. This was until I saw the 40-50 policy and administrative tasks that were in front of any new thing we pass. With a limited staff, turnover, prior and new projects it just takes time to address deficiencies.

Staff has this as a priority item to address and the groundwork is being out in place. I fully understand and empathize with the inconvenience for the lack of electronic distribution of information. It's been a top gripe of mine personally that is finally being addressed.