[RP TownTalk] re list decorum

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 16:10:43 UTC 2014

The discussion of proposed new, and current town ordinances on fences is an
important one, and it is understandable that we have strong feelings and
opinions in this matter.

As list moderator, I must enter in here to say that calling anyone on this
list a "bully" (as was done last night) clearly crosses over into the realm
of "ad hominem attacks" and is not permissible under the guidelines of this
list.  (You can read the guidelines here
http://riverdale-park.org/mailman/listinfo/towntalk; that link is included
in the footer of every message distributed on TownTalk.) Please don't make
me put the list on moderated status, where I must approve each and every
post.

The crux of the guidelines is this: Criticize the opinion or action, not
the holder or doer of it. Then and only then can TownTalk remain a
civilized environment! Thank you.

Dwight Holmes
List moderator