[RP TownTalk] re list decorum

Jonathan Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Sat Feb 1 16:47:44 UTC 2014

Hi Dwight -

As an elected official I am held to a higher standard than others in terms of ethics, privacy etc.  If someone wants to call be a bully or compare me to whatever national politician is currently being harangued by the press, so be it.  I will leave it to others to determine motivation or legitimacy of comments being made.

The comment in general raises a very interesting point about whether or not the public wants its elected officials to negotiate with applicants for the highest standards possible or if we should just rubber stamp whatever is presented before us.  If you remember, I personally took an amount of criticism by some after early Cafritz meetings with many residents complaining directly to the Mayor, due to holding the project to a high standard vs. just accepting what was being offered.  I think most people, regardless of if they support the project or not, can agree that the plan that the developer is required to execute on is substantially better in every regard vs. what we were first presented.

Best,
Jonathan