[RP TownTalk] RP Town Officials

James D. Holmes jdholmes at comcast.net
Sun Feb 2 20:14:46 UTC 2014

Jonathan

Your are missing the point of the discussion, it's not about the
prohibition of using chain-link fencing material.  It's the way you and
the rest of the Town Officials currently conduct business.  We live in a
democratic society.  Our Town Government should operate in the open and
not try to secretly pass regulations.  Why does it take a freedom of
information request to obtain public documents from the Town.

When I asked what the need or public safety issue that demanded a change
in this regulation, you stated we might get sued in court. When asked
about proper notice to the residents,  you replied  "It was televised on
the Town Cable TV channel".   What is the urgent need for this change ,
In your own words

*"were consumed by an issue that impacts none of us given the lack of any active new fence permits"*

Did the Calvert House Restaurant go out of business because of over
burdening regulations/taxes from the Town/State and Federal Government?

It's time for a smaller government and less regulations.

J. Holmes