[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 91, Issue 4

euniverz at aol.com euniverz at aol.com
Mon Feb 3 15:33:48 UTC 2014

It's one thing for someone to express that they are disheartened that a favorite restaurant and community stalwart is closing.  But to heap shame on "all of us", or at least those of us who expressed our opinion and having a public discussion on a town proposal about fencing regulations?  Then complain in another post that not enough people care about town functions?  Such a set up is not very conducive to community discourse.

I dined at the Calvert House exactly three times in my fifteen years here.  I'm sorry they are closing but restaurants close all the time and apparently this was due in part to internal business practices and decisions and possibly some complaints from neighbors.  Notwithstanding that, yes, Town fencing regulations ARE more important to me.  I'm not ashamed of that.

Adrianne Lefkowitz
Madison Street

I have to say that at a very core and basic level how disheartened I am.

As Audrey posted tonight the Calvert House, a Riverdale Park institution,
shuttered its doors tonight. Yet it barely received a mention.

Tonight we were all impacted and lost our only white tablecloth restaurant and
instead were consumed by an issue that impacts none of us given the lack of any
active new fence permits. Shame on all of us.