[RP TownTalk] Ordinance History

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 19:26:15 UTC 2014

Jonathan et al,

Suddenly, I am remembering the brilliant words of that little girl (puking)
in original Exorcist movie screaming "Mommy, make it stop!"

Jonathan, "Make It Stop!"

The alleged "Northwestern University" grad's response(s) are the closest
we'll get to Mao's wise ponderings on Riverdale Park's own FenceGate. I am
begging you, let it go! Town Folk are sure to begin a Jonestown-like mass
suicide, hanging themselves on chain link fences. Others will join in
chorus to sing "Don't Fence Me In!"

And, there is no Calvert House for a mass wake. There is no IHOP for the
after party. And, there is no long-promised hot yoga or frozen yogurt place
to workout our real issues.

*Let's talk about Guy Tiberio Night -- tonight at 8 pm under the bright
lights of Town Hall's Big Room.*
Celebrate the life and times of a man who served Riverdale Park well for
decades, from his arrival in Town in 1951 and through today. He was been
mayor and a council member several times since the late 1950s, In recent
years, Guy has been the wise man, the fellow with sage advice and guidance
for dozens of newcomers to the area, business operators and fresh council
members.  Guy, who will be 86 later this month and still works full-time as
Town Administrator of Edmonston while serving as co-operator of the S&J
Restaurant and Bar, also is an active member and co-founder of the
42-year-old Riverdale Lions Club.

For years, *King Lion Guy* has cleared the way for hundreds of needy
persons in Riverdale Park, Riverdale and Hyattsville to get eye examines
and eye wear from Chapel Opticians and other eye care providers at no
charge. He and current King Lion and former Riverdale Park Town
Administrator *Patrick Prangley* have been relentless in their support of
the Riverdale Park Arts Council and last year were instrumental in
supporting the creation of the first Summer Patio Concert Series. This is
the stuff that bonds a community.

And just last year, Guy, along with help from Pat and you, Jonathan,
created the *Riverdale Lions-Jonathan Ebbeler Scholarship Award *that
awards thousands of dollars each year to deserving college-bound students
from Riverdale Park and neighboring communities. The second annual
scholarship awards are to be presented at the Lions Club monthly meeting on
Wednesday, Feb. 26, at 7 pm in Town Hall.

So, let's get off the fence, lace up our rain boots and trot down to 5008
Queensbury Road to fete Guy Tiberio at 8 tonight.

And, if you still sitting on the fence, you can stay for the Legislative
meeting -- a great Civics lesson-- (bring black coffee 'cause all politics
are loco) and listen to even more fence chatter plus much, much, more.

*Correspondence Summary*

*Treasurer/Town Administrator Report*

*Police and Code Report*

*Public Works Report*

*Fire Department Report*

*Council Committee & Ward Reports*

*Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items and Consent Agenda Items*

*Consent Agenda*

Motion to approve consent agenda items:

   1. Request for a temporary license and waiver from section 42-14(b)(1),
   42-14(b)(4), and 42-14(b)(5) of the Town Code for Teresa's Garden Center to
   sell flowers at 6111 Kenilworth Avenue February 12-14, 2014and May 9-11,
   2014 (Ward 4)
   2. Fence Permit Application: Formal Associates, LLC; 5802 Cleveland
   Avenue; replaced existing fence with 6 foot wood fence (Ward 1)
   3. Motion to send a letter of support regarding HB 325 and SB 358,
   Maryland Consolidated Capital Bond Loan of 2011 - Prince George's County -
   Riverdale Park Town Hall Expansion
   4. Minutes from the January 6, 2014 Legislative Meeting

*Legislative Action Items:*

   1. Motion to adopt Ordinance 2014-OR-01 regarding chain link fences
   2. Motion to adopt Resolution 2014-R-01 regarding William Wirt Middle
   School
   3. Motion to adopt Resolution 2014-R-02 endorsing Funding Request in
   County Budget for Welcome Center