[RP TownTalk] Regret

Jonathan Ebbeler jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com
Mon Feb 3 20:09:55 UTC 2014

I just drove over the Crescent Cities to see how the legislative decision we made on Stan's client's permit ended up.  I've attached a picture (if it doesn't attach correctly, ping me offline and I will send anyone a copy)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n987nbia6lnmu8z/2014-02-03%2014.03.23.jpg

Looking at the end result I have some regrets.  We very clearly should have included a provision to take down the chain link fence with slats (it now serves no purpose other than to shield the new stucco/CMU wall.  I had forgotten how on both sides of the building, the windows looked onto this area - to that end we probably should have included a provision to veneer the wall in brick or have it built out of brick.  Overall the new wall/fence looks to be of significantly high quality and security featured to perform its proposed function.

I was pretty hyper focused on some of the other elements that continue to concern me in regards to OSHA/DHS compliance, proximity to stairs/entrances etc. that I for one dropped the ball on some of the look/feel elements.  Missing some of the finer details, regardless of the reasons, is inexcusable and I owe the citizens of RP an apology.

Best,

Jonathan