[RP TownTalk] Regret

James D. Holmes jdholmes at comcast.net
Tue Feb 4 11:49:17 UTC 2014

Jonathan

Thanks for providing a photograph of the area Stan has been talking
about.  No wounder you were in a hurry to pass a new ordinance banning
chain-link fence.  You had no authority to demand that the property
owner install *a 6-foot metal picket fence constructed of steel or
aluminum or a fence similar in structure to the fence surrounding
Riversdale House Museum.*  Are you worried about being sued for this
overzealous act.

I think you need to apologize to Stan and the property owner for
demanding they change their original design.

By-the-way, did ordinance 2014-OR-01 pass?.  When I watched the Town
Meeting last night, there was no audio for the first 44 minutes of the
meeting.  It appears that Council Member Henry received a text page on
his phone about the problem.  You can see him exit his seat and go to
the back of the room and mysteriously, the audio started to work.

This supports my position that a published notice is the only way to
notify residents of proposed changes to the Town Charter/Code.
Additionally, ample time (30 days) is needed to allow residents the
opportunity to make comments before the proposal is voted upon by the
Council.

J. Holmes