[RP TownTalk] Synapses

Stan Wilson swilson at rapidpermits.com
Thu Feb 6 20:58:39 UTC 2014

Mr. Ebbeler,

I thought I was through responding to your misleading statements. Every time you respond you say something different from previously or outright untrue. You say the project in question would have been disqualified for County prescribed prohibitive materials. Not true, the County issued a permit for the fence and had no issues with the material as it apparently they did for the chain link fence around the ERCo site which Riverdale did approve. I do care about all our clients and am greatly disappointed when one was held to unjustified requirements to suit one councilmen’s personal preference. What really disturbs me is having a council that dictates their taste on the entire Town. You mentioned I should contacted David Lingua if I have concerns. I did reach out to David by email and did not get a response back. I think the residents of Riverdale need to watch your actions closely and not get caught up in your verbiage.

The thing that triggered this response on a dead issue (fence permit) is the attached letter I received from Riverdale Code Enforcement. I have been asked to apply for a business license for the corporation I work for because I live in Riverdale. This seems far from coincidental. The letter was signed by John Bustos who did return my call and explained that he was instructed by the Town Administrator, Sara Imhulse, to send me the letter and application. I called and left a voice mail message for Ms Imhulse requesting an explanation of what triggered this request.I would like to know who instructed her to send this. It did not come out of the blue. If I had to guess, I would think it was generated by Mr. Ebbeler, the Town Council or Mayor because I spoke despairingly about how you handled a permit submittal.  This kind of punitive response is very disappointing to me and a disservice to our community. For what it is worth, I have worked as a permit expediter since 1969, have lived in Riverdale since 1975, have worked out of an office in Landover Hills for over 24 years and conduct no business out of my home. I’m hoping my councilman David Lingua or the Mayor Archer will shed some light on the genesis and justification for this request for a business license. I feel it is a blatant attempt to intimidate someone who had the audacity to challenge Mr. Ebbeler.

Stan Wilson

 Rapid Permit Service, Inc.